Faculty of Commerce and Management Studies
Department of Management
The ICFAI University, Nagaland provides career-oriented educational programs at the Bachelor's and the Master's degree levels. It offers campus-based programs in management and computer science.Objectives
- To provide high quality, value-based, career-oriented education for students.
To facilitate students in understanding, developing, integrating and applying both core and specialized concepts and practices.
- To provide students with stimulating and learningfriendly atmosphere to utilize a higher level of their intellectual capacity, required to specialize in the respective areas of study.
- To produce energetic, effective, efficient and ethical professionals to meet the desired needs of the dynamic world and serve the society. The Department of Management was established in the year 2007. The ICFAI University Nagaland offered its first ever programme, i.e.
Bachelor or Business Administration (BBA) during 2007 from this department. Subsequently, the Master in Business Administration (MBA) programme was offered in 2008 by the department.
The department takes pride in conducting Industrial Tours for its students and inter university/college management events like BizHorn.
The department believes in producing career driven and skilled professionals in the field of management education both at the undergraduate and post graduate levels. At present, there are five (5) faculties in the department (listed below):
- Mrs. Wapangsenla Imchen, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. Vindhya Sagar, Assistant Professor
- Dr. V. T. Vasagan, Assistant Professor & Deputy Exam Controller
- Mr. Neisal Theyo, Assistant Professor & HoD
- Dr. Imtinungsang Jamir, Assistant Professor
Department of Library & Information Science
Department of Library & Information Science was established in 2013 under ICFAI University Nagaland. Libraries are the backbone of any developed society.
It is said that "the nation who reads, the nation that leads". This statement is true for the development of any society. So in this regard the department
tries to make the society educated formally and informally through the classroom method by training young professionals and also help in the continuing education.
The Department continuously undertakes the task of improving the professional competence of the library and information personnel of the region in particular. This has been achieved through seminars, workshops and refresher courses conducted from time to time by the Department.
The purpose of the Department of Library & Information Science is to stimulate interest in, participation in, and knowledge of all the facets of library & librarianship. The objectives of the department are as under:
- To provide students an understanding of the basic principles and fundamental laws of Library and Information Science and to enable them to understand and appreciate the functions and purpose of the libraries and information centers.
- To professionally train the students in diverse area of librarianship
- To educate the students in the philosophy of librarianship, basic principles, fundamental laws, professional ethics and management of library and information centers.
- To enable the students to understand and appreciate the functions and purposes of library and information centers in the changing social cultural, technological and economic environment.
- To provide students the knowledge of Information Technology (IT) and its application in library and information activities.
- To train the students in the advanced skills of information knowledge, gathering, processing, organization and retrieval.
- To train the students in information knowledge analysis, repackaging and marketing.
- To provide the students thorough understanding of IT applications in information environment including networks and communication systems.
- To train the students in the analysis, planning and management of the systems of library and information centers.
- To provide an understanding of research methods and activities of research organizations.
Department offers under graduate programme in specialization of Library & Information Science, i.e. BA (Hons in Library & Information Science) with 12 seats.Facilities
The department has a well-developed computer laboratory consisting of 8 computers connected to high speed Internet connection. Faculty, Students and research scholars can access scholarly web resources which are acquired by the ICFAI University Nagaland Library using this laboratory.Library
The Library subscribes to 16 journals (National & International), 27 ICFAI Journals and Library subscribe JSTOR (3,000. Online Journals). In addition to a collection of about 7734 books and reference sources It also provides online access to the University catalogue (OPAC). The library has at present 6 computer and is in the process of automation. Library has recently acquired multiple sets of classification schemes including Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) (23rd Latest edition), Colon Classification (CC) Scheme and Searlist of Subject Headings. The library provides the students a rich and conducive environment for the students to learn and share knowledge. It also facilitates group-learning. The library is managed by professionally trained staff consisting of Assistant Librarian and Library Assistant.
ICFAI University Nagaland Library also a members of British Council Library, Kolkata.
Department of Commerce
The Department of Commerce was formed on 20th April 2009 under the Faculty of Management Studies. The Department developed the Curriculum of Bachelor of Commerce in the year 2012 with the help of subject's experts, which was approved by the Board of Studies on 17th August 2013 and subsequently by the Academic Council. The Department started running Under-Graduate programme of Commerce (i.e. B.Com with Pass Course and Hons in Accountancy) from the academic session 2013-2014. The programme was successfully implemented.
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES
The ICFAI University, Nagaland provides career-oriented educational programs at the Bachelor's and the Master's degree levels. It offers
campus-based programs in management and computer science.