Students are encouraged to involve in several co-curricular activities which help them to improve communication skills, develop the right kind of attitude, enhance leadership qualities and abilities, manage stress levels, emerge as team players, refine interpersonal skills and develop group skills. Some of the Co-curricular activities of the University are Literary & Cultural programs, Games & Sports, Music Club, Movie Club, Green Club and so on. Students are also encouraged to participate in various inter-institution competitions. In order to develop the writing skills of the students the University has introduced an e-magazine named Tapasya, which is uploaded to the university website on a monthly basis.
The University has established an Alumni Association. All Graduates become members of Alumni Association, by complying with the regulations and norms of Alumni Association. As of now there are 218 members in the Alumni Association.
- The students of ICFAI University under the banner of SCMI organized a Sanitation drive cum donation of waste bins at Sovima village on the 19th March 2015. This was carried out as per the direction of the Governor of Nagaland in connection with the adoption of villages.
- The University conducted an ICSSR sponsored Two Day National Seminar on The Role of Social Sciences in Management Education. on the 19th and 20th February 2015 where more than 10 papers were presented. During the Seminar the University's first journal titled IUN Journal of Social Sciences was released.
- ICFAI Fest 2015 was held from the 27th Jan 2015- 31st Jan 2015 which included literary Activities and Games & Sports. An Inter Disciplinary Volleyball tournament for NJY Memorial Rolling Trophy was held on 17th Feb 2015.
- A UGC sponsored National Seminar on Human Rights in collaboration with Patkai Christian College was conducted in the university in April 2014.
- Ms. Sensangla of MBA Class of 2015 visited Germany from 16th to 31st May 2014 on the invitation of SCMI.
- The UGC/AICTE team visited the university on 26th and 27th August 2014 and carried out a thorough inspection of the academic operations.
- Fresher's Day was held on 25th Sept 2014.
- The university has conducted its first ever management festival (BIZHORN) on 26th and 27th Sept 2014 and where Mr. Nukluktoshi, Hon'ble Minister for Highways, Govt. of Nagaland graced the occasion as the Chief Guest.
- VC has been nominated as Member of State Council of Higher Education, Govt. of Nagaland.
- Founder's Day cum 3rd NJY Memorial Lecture was organized on 8th Oct. 2014 where Dr. R.K. Behara, Academic Dean (School of Social Sciences) Patkai Christian College delivered a talk on Quality Enhancement in Higher Education & RUSA and it was well received by the audience and also well covered by media.
- Shri P. B. Acharya, Hon'ble Governor of Nagaland paid a visit to the university on 10th Oct 2014, addressed the students and faculty members.
- Department of English staged a play The Spanish Tragedy by Thomas Kyd on 11th Nov. 2014.
- Advent Christmas program was held on December 03, 2014.
- The University has also received intimation from ICSSR (East zone) allotting us a grant of `50,000/- for the conduct of a national seminar on The Role of Humanities and Social Sciences in Management Education.
- Annual Games & Sports; Literary & Cultural Activities, and NJY Memorial Volleyball Trophy (ICFAI fest)
- Farewell to the outgoing students (SAYONARA)