Faculty of Management Science
Department of Management Studies
The ICFAI University, Nagaland provides career-oriented educational programs at the Bachelor's and the Master's degree levels. It offers campus-based programs in management and computer science.
- To provide high quality, value-based, career-oriented education for students.
To facilitate students in understanding, developing, integrating and applying both core and specialized concepts and practices.
- To provide students with stimulating and learningfriendly atmosphere to utilize a higher level of their intellectual capacity, required to specialize in the respective areas of study.
- To produce energetic, effective, efficient and ethical professionals to meet the desired needs of the dynamic
world and serve the society. The Department of Management was established in the year 2007. The ICFAI University
Nagaland offered its first ever programme, i.e.
Bachelor or Business Administration (BBA) during 2007 from this department. Subsequently, the Master in Business Administration (MBA) programme was offered in 2008 by the department.
The department takes pride in conducting Industrial Tours for its students and inter university/college management events like BizHorn.
The department believes in producing career driven and skilled professionals in the field of management education both at the undergraduate and post graduate levels. At present, there are five (5) faculties in the department (listed below):
- Mrs. Wapangsenla Imchen, Assistant Professor
- Mrs. Vindhya Sagar, Assistant Professor
- Dr. VT Vasagan, Asst. Professor and Registrar (Officiating).
- Mr. Neisal Theyo, Assistant Professor & HoD
- Dr. Imtinungsang Jamir, Assistant Professor
Department of Economics
The department of economics of ICFAI University was started as a sub-department under the Department of Management in 2007 with only one faculty member Rangalal Mohapatra. With the introduction of BA Honours programme, the Department became a fully-fledged department since June 2013. Since then, the department of Economics has been functioning with great success rate. In July 2020, the department introduced PG programme.
At present the following faculty members are serving under the department of Economics.
- Mr Sumanta Kumar Mahapatra (Academic Coordinator)
- Miss Aosenla Pongen (Head of the Department)
- Mrs Imnasangla Ao
- Miss Odimenla Jamir
Department of Commerce
The Department of Commerce was formed on 20th April 2009 under the Faculty of Management Studies. The Department developed the Curriculum of Bachelor of Commerce in the year 2012 with the help of subject's experts, which was approved by the Board of Studies on 17th August 2013 and subsequently by the Academic Council. The Department started running Under-Graduate programme of Commerce (i.e. B.Com with Pass Course and Hons in Accountancy) from the academic session 2013-2014. The programme was successfully implemented.