About the Program
The MBA Program of the University prepares the students with the knowledge, skills and strategic perspectives essential to business leadership and a managerial career in the world. The MBA Program is designed to provide both a portfolio of strong functional skills and the ability to apply, adapt and integrate those skills in different management settings.
- Graduation in any discipline with 45% and above aggregate marks (relaxation of 40% for ST/SC and OBCs).
- Final year students awaiting results may also apply.
MBA Program is organized into 4 semesters in two years. There are 30 courses including Soft Skills. Students are additionally required to undergo an internship and submit one management thesis.
The students are encouraged to choose elective courses in Marketing, Finance, and Human Resource Management. Students will have the flexibility in choosing more than one course from these elective streams. Elective courses will be offered subject to a minimum number of students enrolling for a particular elective course.
Award of Degree
Successful students will receive the MBA Degree by the University, subject to fulfilling all the academic requirements.
Subject to approval by the Academic Council students will be considered for the award of lateral certificates/Diplomas on completion of a stipulated period of the program which shall be notified later.
|Last date for submission of Completed Application Form||August 28, 2021|
|Interview and Admission Decision||August 30, 2021|
|Last date for payment of Admission Fee||August 30, 2021|
|Commencement of Regular classes||August 16, 2021|
|Payment of First Semester Fee||August 31, 2021|
|MBA Course Structure|
|Year I||Semester - I||Semester - II|
|SIP (Summer Internship Program)|
|Year II||Semester - III||Semester - IV|
*Student needs to opt for a paper from other streams of Postgraduate Studies (MA)
|Skill Enhancing Courses (Extra Departmental)*|
|Course Code||Course Title||Semester|
|PM(O)231||Principles of Management||III|
|HR(O)241||Human Resource Management||IV|
**To be selected by the students from other streams of Postgraduate Studies
Human Resource Management:
- Performance Measurement & Reward System
- Paper-III Leadership Skills and Change Management;
- Paper-IV Strategic Human Resource Management.
- Paper-II Training and Development;
- Paper-I Retail Management;
- Paper-II B2B Marketing;
- Paper-III Strategic Marketing Management;
- Paper-IV Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Paper-I Strategic Financial Management;
- Paper-II Portfolio Management & Mutual Funds;
- Paper-III Wealth Management;
- Paper -IV Personal Financial Planning.
- Paper-I Social Entrepreneurship;
- Paper-II Family Business Management;
- Paper-III Enterprise Creation and Growth;
- Paper-IV Minority, Tribal and Dalit Entrepreneurship.
- Paper-I International Industrial Buyer Behaviour;
- Paper-II International
- Marketing Research;
- Paper-III International Trade Procedures and Documentations;
- Paper -IV Global Logistic and
- Supply Chain Management.
Tourism and Hospitality Management:
- Paper-I Hospitality and Tourism Marketing; Paper-II Fundamentals of
- Tourism and Hospitality Management;
- Paper-III Hotel Operation Management;
- Paper -IV Food and beverages
- Operation and Management.
- Paper-I Bank and Risk Management;
- Paper-II International Financial Management;
- Paper-III Merchant Banking and Financial Services;
- Paper-IV Global Financial Markets and International Banking.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based MBA program offered by the ICFAI University at Nagaland. The medium of instruction is English.
Graduation in any discipline with 45% and above aggregate marks (relaxation of 40% for ST/SC and OBCs).
For the purpose of determining eligibility based on aggregate percentage of marks, the procedure used by the respective University in award of the degree will only be taken into consideration. All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of formal schooling by August 01, 2021. Applicants who have completed their graduation on a one-time sitting basis or a 2-year basis are not eligible for admission to the Postgraduate Programs Students in their final year bachelor's degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements including practical examinations/viva assignments before August 01, 2021. Such applicants 58 will have to produce a certificate to that effect at the time of admission. The admission of such applicants will, however, remain provisional until they produce mark sheet/ transcript and a degree certificate establishing their eligibility. The last date for submitting the proof of graduation transcripts is September 01, 2021 failing which the provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled, and no fees will be refunded.
The process of admission and selection of eligible candidates
The selection of applicants into the program is made through screening of application and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in Games & sports, Literary & cultural activities, and other extra co-curricular activities.
Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of admission. The admission decision will be communicated after the admission process.
There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Nagaland (Domicile) in any course of ICFAI University, Nagaland, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) percent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above. The fee for the Domicile students is less than that of the non-domicile students (please refer the fee chart).
Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
The candidates are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application form.
- Cost of the Application material for UG Programs is Rs. 250.
- Cost of the Application material for PG and Doctoral Programs is Rs. 350.
Applicants have to enclose self attested copies of the following certificates
- Birth Certificate
- Class X Admit Card, Mark Sheet and Certificate.
- Class XII / Degree Admit Card, Mark Sheet and Certificate (as may be applicable).
- *BA/BBA/BCA/B.Com Degree Admit Card, Marksheet and Certificate (as may be Applicable)
- ST Certificate.
- 3 recent Passport Size Photo.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities. *MBA / MCA / M.Com / M.Lib.I.Sc. / MA Candidates.
Fee ScheduleAdmission Fee
Admission fee of Rs. 10,000 (non-refundable) is to be paid by all the selected candidates of PG immediately after the admission decision is announced. The last date for payment of admission fee is August 30, 2021 for MBA Programs.Program Fee
Students must pay the program fee on the first day of each semester. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before August 31, 2021 for PG programs. Students must pay the program fee on the first day of each semester, after which a fine of Rs.20 per day will be charged.
Note: Domicile refers to Students from State of Nagaland. Non-Domicile refers to Students from States other than Nagaland.
|Total Program Fee (4 Semesters)||2,57,200||3,32,800|
|Fee Per Semester||68,800||83,200|
All Payments should be made through Bank Challan from ICICI Chumukedima Branch/Swiping machine from the University, in favor of "The ICFAI University, Nagaland Fee Collection A/C". Details about the payment modalities, and the relevant Challan, can be obtained from the Dy. Accounts Officer.
As per UGC guidelines if a student chooses to withdraw from the program of study in which he/she is enrolled, the institution concerned shall follow the following four-tier system for the refund of fees remitted by the student.
|Sl. No.||Percentage of Refund of Aggregate Fees||Point of time when notice of withdrawal of admission is served to HEI|
|1||100%||15 days before the formally-notified last date of admission|
|2||80%||Not more than 15 days after the formally-notified last date of admission|
|3||50%||More than 15 days but less than 30 days after formally-notified last date of admission|
|4||0%||More than 30 days after formally notified last date of admission|